Monday, 14 September 2009

"Art is not a thing; it is a way" - Elbert Hubbard

A seascape from a whole year ago, time fairly flees in!!

'Museumed' by DUMPR

After being very inspired and motivated by two 'Arty Angels', I've been doing a bit of painting again. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it and what a total escape it is for the old brain.

So, instead of slapping on some magnolia paint to freshen up the house, I'm going to cheer it up with a few colourful seascapes.

Several other creative projects have been neglected (not abandoned), the house is a bit of a mess (understatement!), our bedroom is rapidly turning into 'MY studio' but, so what, I'm having fun!!!

Thank you ladies for inspiring me to remove the cobwebs from my brushes once again. I've even been getting up super dooper early so I can get in a big painty mess before going to work :)


Little Houses... I could live in this painting..... a gorgeous, colourful, happy, joyous acrylic artwork by Linda


...and I could spend a nice long holiday here.... on this Paradise Island by
Trudy








"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home." - Twyla Tharp

"Art is an adventure that never seems to end." - Jason, Los Cerros Middle School

4 comments:

  1. lovely paintings.
    Dumper is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, your seascape is gorgeous! Glad to hear you are painting again! It is an adventure and it takes over! Know what you mean about the bedroom becoming a studio..my house is like that wherever I lay my hat..oops embroidery/paints/beads etc. Great post!
    thank you for mentioning my work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could live in those little house also. They so remind me of a few places we have been in Florida. Very charming. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top picks...I love our Linda's works...joyous and then some! x:)

    ReplyDelete